Thursday, January 19, 2012

5 Good Reasons to Use Science Notebooks

After reading the article I think science notebooks should be in every school.  Remembering my elementary, a science notebook would have been a great way to make science more fun and not the usual dreaded subject.  I thought the article made a great point in that it is a great way for students of mixed abilities to learn.  Many children can lack writing skills, but I think the notebook is important in which they can use their visual skills.  Science can be difficult for students by making students think and a science notebook can make this process fun and easy.  This would help teachers who are frustrated by asking students to raise their hand and give an answer; instead the student can write in the notebook.  This seems perfect to me and can be great for any student in the classroom.  This is also gives me the idea to incorporate science notebooks while I am in my practicum or student teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment