Thursday, January 19, 2012

Rising to Greatness

Reading the article, two topics stuck out in my mind and they were the topics of math scores not changing and the performance gaps for students by race, poverty, and disabilities.  I was surprised and happy to hear that Iowa had some of the highest math scores in the 1990’s, but we have not improved since then.  I am a math specialization so this affects me greatly.  I find math fun and interesting, but that is not the case for most students. I hope to bring this into the classroom.  Math will be what I am most passionate in the classroom and I plan on increasing my student’s math scores.  The next important topic in the article was that of performance gaps.  Lowering these gaps would help Iowa and the nation.  I hope to do this in my individual classroom by learning each child’s strengths and weaknesses.  I think every child should have the same opportunity to learn and will do whatever I can to give children an even chance to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment