Monday, January 23, 2012

Krajcik

I love the Chinese proverb that starts out the article.  That is something that I would love to have hanging in my classroom.  I like all the strategies of how a teacher needs to succeed using a constructivist approach.  When I think back of the teachers I remember and loved, they used the constructivist approach.  Students do not learn well by just reading and lecturing.  Hands on is what children can learn the most from.  Some teachers just do the bare minimum and constructivism involves more thinking from the teacher.  I will always remeber my AP Chemistry where we had to think of our own experiments and procedure.  This made sure we understand everything in the lesson and could incorporate it without the teacher giving us all the answers.  I also think scaffolding and modeling is important.  Some teachers struggle with teaching students of all academic abilities and this allows students to help each other learn.  I want to incorporate constructivism into science and math.  These are two subjects that usually trouble students and they would be able to get the most out of it from a constructivist approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment