Monday, February 13, 2012

INSES

The topic of inquiry is important for the article.  It includes letting children explore the natural world and producing explanations from evidence, then it also shows an example.  The example was a simple observation of a 5th grade class observing three trees and their watering cycle.  I like how the teacher encouraged them to write a letter to the custodian, he then made changes and they were convinced of their conclusions.  The teacher let them be out in nature, form a hypothesis, create a solution, and then see real results.  I never did this as a kid and would love it.  I remember science of reading a lot and then doing experiments that were step by step explained by the teacher. I hope to incorporate these kinds of activities into my classroom. It lets the students get out of the classroom and use their applied knowledge towards a real world problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment